ISA 540 (Revised), Auditing Accounting Estimates and Related Disclosures
Oct 03, 2018 | Handbooks, Standards, and Pronouncements
All available Translations: Croatian Czech Danish Dutch French Italian Latvian Norwegian Polish Russian Slovenian Spanish-Latin America Spanish-Latin America Spanish-Spain Swedish + View All
In Progress Translations: Arabic | Estonian | Finnish | Greek | Hungarian | Lithuanian | Portuguese | Slovak | Thai
The IAASB revised its standard on accounting estimates, ISA 540 (Revised), Auditing Accounting Estimates and Related Disclosures, to respond to the rapidly evolving business environment. The revision ensures that the standard continues to keep pace with the changing market and fosters a more independent and challenging skeptical mindset in auditors.
ISA 540 (Revised) becomes effective for financial statement audits for periods beginning on or after December 15, 2019.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2018 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- 2021 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Proposed International Standard on Auditing 500 (Revised), Audit Evidence, and Proposed Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other ISAs
- Proposed Part 10, Audits of Group Financial Statements of the Proposed ISA for Audits of Financial Statements of Less Complex Entities
- Quality Management and Group Audits: Highlighting Certain Aspects of Interaction Between ISA 220 (Revised) and ISA 600
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.