International Standard on Quality Management (ISQM) 1, Quality Management for Firms that Perform Audits or Reviews of Financial Statements, or Other Assurance or Related Services Engagements
Dec 17, 2020 | Handbooks, Standards, and Pronouncements
All available Translations: Arabic Bosnian Bulgarian Czech Danish Dutch French Georgian Japanese Latvian Lithuanian Polish Romanian Russian Spanish-Latin America Spanish-Spain Swedish Turkish + View All
In Progress Translations: Albanian | Estonian | Finnish | German | Italian | Mongolian | Norwegian | Slovak | Slovenian | Thai
ISQM 1 strengthens firms’ systems of quality management through a robust, proactive and effective approach to quality management. The standard encourages firms to design a system of quality management that is tailored to the nature and circumstances of the firm and engagements it performs. ISQM 1 applies to all firms that perform engagements under the IAASB’s international standards. ISQM 1 replaces ISQC 1, Quality Control for Firms that Perform Audits and Reviews of Financial Statements and Other Assurance and Related Services Engagements.
Firms are required to have systems of quality management designed and implemented in accordance with ISQM 1 by December 15, 2022.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2018 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- 2021 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Proposed International Standard on Auditing 500 (Revised), Audit Evidence, and Proposed Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other ISAs
- Proposed Part 10, Audits of Group Financial Statements of the Proposed ISA for Audits of Financial Statements of Less Complex Entities
- Quality Management and Group Audits: Highlighting Certain Aspects of Interaction Between ISA 220 (Revised) and ISA 600
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.