Quality Management and Group Audits: Highlighting Certain Aspects of Interaction Between ISA 220 (Revised) and ISA 600
Dec 15, 2022 | Guidance & Support Tools
All available Translations: Polish
In Progress Translations: Japanese
This fact sheet focuses on the interactions between International Standard on Auditing (ISA) 220 (Revised) on quality management at the engagement level and ISA 600 on group audits. It highlights aspects of a group audit that may be affected by ISA 220 (Revised) and International Standard on Quality Management (ISQM) 1. This includes the revised definition of engagement team and leadership and direction, supervision, and review responsibilities.
ISA 220 (Revised) is effective for audits of financial statements for periods beginning on or after December 15, 2022 and ISQM 1 is effective from December 15, 2022. ISA 600 (Revised) is effective for group audits beginning on or after December 15th, 2023.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2018 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- 2021 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Proposed International Standard on Auditing 500 (Revised), Audit Evidence, and Proposed Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other ISAs
- Proposed Part 10, Audits of Group Financial Statements of the Proposed ISA for Audits of Financial Statements of Less Complex Entities
- Reporting Going Concern Matters in the Auditor's Report
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.