International Standard on Auditing 600 (Revised), Special Considerations—Audits of Group Financial Statements (Including the Work of Component Auditors)
And Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other International Standards Arising from ISA 600 (Revised)
Apr 07, 2022 | Handbooks, Standards, and Pronouncements
All available Translations: Arabic Bulgarian French Japanese Spanish-Latin America Spanish-Spain + View All
In Progress Translations: Czech | Dutch | Finnish | German | Hungarian | Italian | Lithuanian | Norwegian | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Swedish | Thai | Turkish | Ukrainian
ISA 600 (Revised) deals with special considerations that apply to a group audit, including when component auditors are involved. The standard includes new and revised requirements and application material that better aligns the standard with recently revised standards, such as International Standard on Quality Management 1 and International Standards on Auditing 220 (Revised) and ISA 315 (Revised 2019). The new and revised requirements also strengthen the auditor’s responsibilities related to professional skepticism; planning and performing a group audit; two-way communications between the group auditor and component auditors; and documentation.
ISA 600 (Revised) will be effective for audits of group financial statements for periods beginning on or after December 15, 2023.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2018 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- 2021 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Proposed International Standard on Auditing 500 (Revised), Audit Evidence, and Proposed Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other ISAs
- Proposed Part 10, Audits of Group Financial Statements of the Proposed ISA for Audits of Financial Statements of Less Complex Entities
- Quality Management and Group Audits: Highlighting Certain Aspects of Interaction Between ISA 220 (Revised) and ISA 600
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.