Key Takeaways from IAASB’s Third Conference on the Audits of Financial Statements Less Complex Entities
May 24, 2022 | Surveys & Reports
At the beginning of May 2022, the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board held the third and final Paris conference in collaboration with the Compagnie Nationale des Commissaires aux Comptes (CNCC) and Conseil Supérieur de l'Ordre des Experts-Comptables (CNOEC) to discuss and explore how to move forward in progressing the separate standard for audits of the financial statements of Less Complex Entities (LCEs). The event produced great discussions on the feedback to the IAASB Exposure Draft, Proposed International Standards on Auditing for Audits of Financial Statements of Less Complex Entities (ED-ISA for LCE), and possible options for moving forward. Over 130 people from more than 30 countries joined the conference either in person in Paris or virtually.
This publication details the key takeaways. If you would like to know more about the IAASB’s work on Audits of LCEs, please visit the project page for further information.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- Exposure Draft, Proposed International Standard on Auditing of Financial Statements of Less Complex Entities
- Discussion Paper, Audits of Less Complex Entities
- Audits of Less Complex Entities Project Page
- A New Standard for Audits of Less Complex Entities Focus Area Page
- 2020 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- 2018 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.