Staff Audit Practice Alert: Going Concern
Going Concern in the Current Evolving Environment―Audit Considerations for the Impact of COVID-19
Apr 29, 2020 | Guidance & Support Tools
All available Translations: French Japanese Polish Romanian Russian Slovenian Spanish-Latin America Ukrainian + View All
This publication has been prepared to highlight key areas of focus in the current environment when undertaking procedures relating to, and concluding on, the appropriateness of management’s use of the going concern basis of accounting in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing.
It does not amend or override the ISAs, the texts of which alone are authoritative. Reading this publication is not a substitute for reading the ISAs.
Preparers, those charged with governance and users of financial statements may find this publication helpful in understanding the auditor’s responsibilities in relation to going concern, as well as any modifications made to the auditor’s report in respect of any uncertainties related to going concern.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- Guidance for Auditors During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- 2018 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Amendments to IAS 1 and the Impact on the ISAs: Disclosure of Material Accounting Policy Information
- Non-Authoritative Support Material Related to Technology
- Quality Management and Group Audits: Highlighting Certain Aspects of Interaction Between ISA 220 (Revised) and ISA 600
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.