Non-Authoritative Support Materials: Using Automated Tools & Techniques in Performing Audit Procedures
Sep 28, 2020 | Guidance & Support Tools
All available Translations: Bulgarian French
In Progress Translations: Polish
The publication assists auditors in understanding whether a procedure involving automated tools and techniques may be both a risk assessment procedure and a further audit procedure. It also provides specific considerations when using automated tools and techniques in performing substantive analytical procedures in accordance with International Standard on Auditing 520, Analytical Procedures.
This publication does not amend or override the ISAs, the texts of which alone are authoritative. Reading the publication is not a substitute for reading the ISAs.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2018 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Amendments to IAS 1 and the Impact on the ISAs: Disclosure of Material Accounting Policy Information
- Non-Authoritative Support Material Related to Technology
- Quality Management and Group Audits: Highlighting Certain Aspects of Interaction Between ISA 220 (Revised) and ISA 600
- Reporting Going Concern Matters in the Auditor's Report
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.