Non-Authoritative Support Material Related to Technology
Frequently Asked Questions on Investigating Exceptions and Relevance of Performance Materiality When Using Automated Tools and Techniques
Feb 08, 2023 | Guidance & Support Tools
This Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) helps address investigating exceptions and the concept of performance materiality when performing audit procedures using automated tools & techniques (ATT). While not unique to ATT, questions on these topics have become more prevalent with the increasing use of ATT, which enable analyzing data sets with large volumes of information.
The publication does not amend or override the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs), the texts of which alone are authoritative. Reading the publication is not a substitute for reading the ISAs.
Other technology-related publications are available on the IAASB’s Technology web page.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2018 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Amendments to IAS 1 and the Impact on the ISAs: Disclosure of Material Accounting Policy Information
- ISA 315 First-Time Implementation Guide
- Quality Management and Group Audits: Highlighting Certain Aspects of Interaction Between ISA 220 (Revised) and ISA 600
- Reporting Going Concern Matters in the Auditor's Report
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.