Feedback Statement – Exploring the Growing Use of Technology in the Audit, With a Focus on Data Analytics
Prepared by the Staff of the IAASB
Jan 08, 2018 | Guidance & Support Tools
The Data Analytic Working Group (DAWG) issued the Feedback Statement prepared by the DAWG and staff of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board on exploring the growing use of technology in the audit, with a focus on data analytics. This Feedback Statement provides an overview of the key messages from the responses to the questions in the Request for Input (RFI), Exploring the Growing Use of Technology in the Audit, with a Focus on Data Analytics. RFI. The views expressed offered valuable insights relevant to the ongoing work of the IAASB. The IAASB believes that sharing what we have heard will be useful in stimulating further thinking and exploration of this very important topic. These Responses has also been summarized in the update provided by Bob Dohrer, International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) Member and Chair of the IAASB Data Analytics Working Group found here.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2018 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- 2021 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Proposed International Standard on Auditing 500 (Revised), Audit Evidence, and Proposed Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other ISAs
- Proposed Part 10, Audits of Group Financial Statements of the Proposed ISA for Audits of Financial Statements of Less Complex Entities
- Quality Management and Group Audits: Highlighting Certain Aspects of Interaction Between ISA 220 (Revised) and ISA 600
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.