The IAASB has released the 2022 edition of the Handbook of International Quality Management, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements, which includes:
- IAASB’s new and revised suite of quality management standards:
- International Standard on Quality Management (ISQM) 1, Quality Management for Firms that Perform Audits or Reviews of Financial Statements, or Other Assurance or Related Services Engagements
- ISQM 2, Engagement Quality Reviews
- International Standard on Auditing (ISA) 220 (Revised), Quality Management for an Audit of Financial Statements
- Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other ISAs Arising from the Quality Management Project
- Conforming and Consequential Amendments to the IAASB’s Other Standards as a Result of the New and Revised Quality Management Standards
- International Standard on Related Services (ISRS) 4400 (Revised), Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements
The following standards, which are not yet effective for this version of the handbook, have been included in the back of Volume 1:
- ISA 600 (Revised), Special Considerations—Audits of Group Financial Statements (Including the Work of Component Auditors)
- Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other International Standards arising from ISA 600 (Revised)
The vendor for the e-International Standards (eIS) online platform is experiencing technical difficulties in finalizing the IAASB eIS handbook. In the interim, please refer to the PDF versions of the handbook. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Reproducing and Translating the IAASB Handbook
To help adoption and implementation of the IAASB standards, stakeholders are invited to request permission to reproduce or translate the IAASB handbook via the Online Permissions Requests or Inquiries system on the IFAC website.
About the IAASB
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board develops auditing, assurance, related services, and quality management standards and guidance in the public interest that support consistent performance of quality engagements. Along with the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants, the IAASB is part of the International Foundation for Ethics and Audit. The Public Interest Oversight Board oversees IAASB and IESBA activities and the public interest responsiveness of the standards. For copyright, trademark, and permissions information, please visit Permissions.