IAASB Welcomes New Members and Vice-Chair
New Members Began their Terms of Service January 1, 2023
Jan 09, 2023 | New York, New York | English
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) is pleased to welcome two new members to the IAASB following their appointments by the Public Interest Oversight Board (PIOB) in November 2022.
- Neil Morris (based in the UK) is the global head of assurance and ESG methodology at KPMG with more than two decades of experience in South Africa and the UK. A Chartered Accountant, his work experience includes risk management, climate change and sustainability, financial audit, and assurance.
“I’m looking forward to the challenge that this role will bring and working with my fellow members to deliver on the IAASB’s objectives, especially on the sustainability assurance standard,” Mr. Morris noted on joining the IAASB.
- Greg Schollum (based in New Zealand) is the Deputy Controller and Auditor-General of New Zealand, a position he has held since 2015 after first joining the Office of the Auditor-General in 2004. His career includes serving as a member of the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board, the New Zealand Accounting Standards Board, and the Financial Reporting Standards Board of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (now Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand).
“I’m looking forward to getting back involved in international standard setting and I hope that I can make a positive contribution in the public interest to the important work of the IAASB,” Mr. Schollum said following his appointment.
In addition to welcoming Mr. Morris and Mr. Schollum, the IAASB also welcomes the appointment of Josephine Jackson as Vice-Chair. Ms. Jackson is Director of International Audit and Assurance Standards Policy at the UK Financial Reporting Council and leads the FRC’s ESG Group. She is entering her second term as member of the IAASB and previously served as a board member Technical Advisor.
“I am delighted to welcome our new IAASB members and congratulate Josephine on behalf of the IAASB,” said IAASB Chair Tom Seidenstein. “Greg and Neil bring new experience and perspectives to the IAASB, and we look forward to including their thinking in deliberations at our next IAASB meeting in March. I also look forward to partnering with Josephine to help guide the IAASB through its important work in the public interest.”
The IAASB is also pleased to share that three members were re-appointed by the PIOB for terms that began on January 1, 2023:
- Sue Almond, a consultant with Grant Thornton International based in the UK with experience in global audit and assurance policies;
- Julie Corden, a partner with Deloitte Canada who is responsible for leading audit methodology, policies and guidance, including the firm's ISQM 1 implementation; and
- Josephine Jackson, the newly appointed Vice-Chair.
The PIOB’s Invitation for Application for IAASB members for terms of service beginning in January 2024 is currently open. The IAASB encourages qualified candidates to apply.
About the IAASB
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board develops auditing and assurance standards and guidance for use by all professional accountants under a shared standard-setting process involving the Public Interest Oversight Board, which oversees the activities of the IAASB, and the IAASB Consultative Advisory Group, which provides public interest input into the development of the standards and guidance. The structures and processes that support the operations of the IAASB are facilitated by the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). For copyright, trademark, and permissions information, please go to permissions or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.