New Edition of the IAASB Handbook Now Available on the IAASB Website
Available for Print Orders; Will Be Available in the eIS Digital Platform in 2023
Dec 19, 2022 | New York, New York | English
The IAASB has released a new edition of the Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements, which includes:
- International Standard on Auditing (ISA) 315 (Revised 2019), Identifying and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement, replacing ISA 315 (Revised), Identifying and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement through Understanding the Entity and Its Environment. The handbook also incorporates in other relevant standards conforming and consequential amendments from ISA 315 (Revised 2019). ISA 315 (Revised 2019) is effective for audits of financial statements for periods beginning on or after December 15, 2021.
- The following standards, which are not yet effective for this version of the handbook, have been included in the back of Volumes 1, 2 and 3, as appropriate:
- International Standard on Quality Management (ISQM) 1, Quality Management for Firms that Perform Audits or Reviews of Financial Statements, or Other Assurance or Related Services Engagements
- ISQM 2, Engagement Quality Reviews
- ISA 220 (Revised), Quality Management for an Audit of Financial Statements
- Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other ISAs Arising from the Quality Management Projects
- ISA 600 (Revised), Special Considerations—Audits of Group Financial Statements (Including the Work of Component Auditors)
- Conforming and Consequential Amendments to Other International Standards Arising from ISA 600 (Revised)
- Conforming and Consequential Amendments to the IAASB’s Other Standards as a Result of the New and Revised Quality Management Standards
- ISRS 4400 (Revised), Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements
The handbooks can be downloaded from the IAASB website, where users can also order print copies of the three-volume handbook. It will also be available in the e-International Standards (eIS) online platform in 2023.
Reproducing and Translating the IAASB Handbook
To help adoption and implementation of the IAASB standards, stakeholders are invited to submit requests for permission to reproduce or translate the IAASB handbook online via the Online Permissions Requests or Inquiries system on the IFAC website.