IAASB eNews: September 2016
Sep 08, 2016 | English
- IAASB Seeks Technical Director
- The Future of Audit
- Input Requested on Growing Use of Data Analytics
- Data Analytics Project Advisory Panel
- Credibility and Trust in Emerging Forms of External Reporting
- Seeking Feedback on 2017-2018 Work Plan
- Upcoming Dates
1. IAASB Seeks Technical Director
Based in New York, this uniquely impactful role requires deep knowledge of audit and assurance, strong understanding of standard setting, and exceptional leadership ability.
Access additional information »
2. The Future of Audit
IAASB Chairman Prof. Arnold Schilder recently discussed what lies ahead for the audit profession, the IAASB, and investors with Matt Waldron, Director of Financial Reporting Policy at CFA Institute and Chair of the IAASB Consultative Advisory Group.
Read Interview »
3. Input Requested on Growing Use of Data Analytics
In response to the rapidly changing pace of technology and the capability to capture and communicate data digitally, the IAASB has issued a Request for Input, Exploring the Growing Use of Technology in the Audit, with a Focus on Data Analytics.
Comment by February 15, 2017 »
4. Data Analytics Project Advisory Panel
A call for nominations for a newly formed Data Analytics Project Advisory Panel was issued at the same time as the Request for Input. The deadline for nominations is October 15, 2016.
Access Call for Nominations »
5. Credibility and Trust in Emerging Forms of External Reporting
A recent Discussion Paper from the IAASB’s Integrated Reporting Working Group covers factors that can enhance credibility and trust in external reporting, types of professional services covered by IAASB standards, key challenges in relation to assurance engagements, and potential guidance.
Comment by Dec. 15, 2016 »
6. Seeking Feedback on 2017-2018 Work Plan
As the IAASB will soon be at the mid-point of its five-year strategy, it is has issued a public surveyconsultation seeking feedback and comment on its work plan for 2017-2018. All stakeholders are asked to share their views.
Survey closes Sept. 30, 2016 »
7. Upcoming Dates
- September 12-13, 2016: IAASB CAG Meeting, New York, New York
- September 19-23, 2016: IAASB Meeting, Hong Kong
- December 5-9, 2016: IAASB Meeting, New York, New York
- March 13-17, 2017: IAASB Meeting, Lima, Peru
- June 19-23, 2017: IAASB Meeting, New York, New York